Something Odd that I found to be beautiful

Colorized pictures from history
Russian Royal Family, 1910’s
New Zealand Soldier in North Africa, 1940’s
Banana Docks, NYC, 1890’s - 1910
Indian Chief at Crater Lake, 1923
Participants of the 5th Solvay Conference on Quantum Mechanics, 1927
Antarctica, 1911
Indian Soldiers in France, 1914
Union Soldiers, 1860’s
Japanese archers, 1860’s
I don’t really know what generally makes them interesting, but it feels like each picture is trying to tell a story. History seems so monotonous and distant, whenever we look at old photographs given the lack of colors.

Colorization brings forth the vibrance and beauty of the past, and I’d argue is greatly underappreciated. Whenever I look at these pictures they remind me of us, simply men and women looking to live life as they strived forward. Color makes them looks any other person off the street;its addition bridges the gap between generations.

Comments

Popular Posts