Free time observations



This, my dear people, is called the World Map.
This is something we are used to seeing, since our childhood. And as a young boy, I was always fascinated at how humongous Russia was and how it was easily the largest nation. I also wondered how Greenland was too large to not be called a Continent on it's own.
Then, geography kicked in, and we did learn that the world map, isn't accurate. It is obviously drawn to scale, but only when the curvature of the Earth is negated. Hence, taking the geoid nature of Earth into consideration, geography moulds itself, to form new versions of countries.
Yeah I almost cried when I realized the “humongous” Russia was not even a mere 2/3rds Africa.
Look at the bootay… I meant, Australia placed next to Europe.
Can you believe for a second that Greenland is not just smaller than Africa but it's roughly 1/8th of it?
I guess that settles it. My entire life was a lie. China is almost as big as Russia. I've never felt so gloomy.
OHKAY WHAT IS THIS. India is almost a third of Russia, though it looks tiny. The globe fascinates us with every revolution doesn't it? The sizes of these nations and continents seem so wrong, but this is just how accurate our Earth is. 
Okay jeez. Guys, get some life. I do know that the maps are inaccurate and that is my point precisely. Please don't go spotting hypocrisies that never existed. The Indian map is just an abstract. We are dealing with the world as a whole and how the countries morph at different places. Please try to understand this.

Webliography:


Comments

Popular Posts