Real Meaning of overnight success

When Pokemon Go became a worldwide sensation, in just a week, just like millions I also thought,
Wow. How Lucky!
But, I was so wrong.
It wasn't luck. It was hard work of 20 years.
It took John Hanke nearly 20 years to reach at Pokemon Go.


When Nawazudin Siddiqui became an overnight star after the release of GoW series, just like millions I also thought,
Wow. How Lucky!
But, I was so wrong.
It wasn't luck. It was hard work of 13 years.
Nawazudin first appeared in the movie Sarfarosh in 1999.
It wasn't an overnight success. It took 13 years.


Lionel Messi summed it up very well.
I start early, and I stay late, day after day, year after year, it took me 17 years and 114 days to become an overnight success.


Funniest thing is that someone might think that a leaked MMS would create a sensation and make him/her overnight celebrity(?).
For that also, that person needs to be successful or famous enough.
Because, thousands of such videos are leaked every day.
One addition to it would not make any difference.
So,
Nobody can become Successful Overnight.
And even if someone manages to, it would fade away soon.

-Nil

Comments

Popular Posts