I just realised.....


For the first time I felt and understood that dogs don't bark or cry at night without any reason.
It is 4 in the morning and around one hour back my street dogs were continuously howling. It's normal for them to bark at this time at night but this one was unusual, they were crying/howling instead of barking.
I went out to see that in the building across the street one of the dog was locked inside iron gate and other 2 dogs were trying to free her. I went down and unlocked the door but the refused to come out and was still howling.
Pic: The building basement .
On going further inside, I found that the underground water tank was open and there this little kitten almost drowning . She was holding a water pipe, nearly freezing with just her face above water. These dogs were trying to help her and were howling to get help. They could have easily left but they remained with the kitten and were continuously running in and out.
Pic :- An old pic of the actual Hero who remained with the Kitten and shouted for help for more than an hour. We call her “Lucy”
I brought her home, dried her for 30 mins and gave her milk but she was too weak to drink. I force fed her using cotton to make sure something goes inside her which will help her regain strength. She was shivering a lot and was way too much afraid. After continuous rubbing her with warm clothes she has calmed down and has stopped shivering. I have made her a bed and she is asleep now.
I don't have any experience with cats and am not sure what to do next. All I am doing is waiting for tomorrow and making sure this little fella is warm. Tomorrow will start looking for her mom or if I can take her to animal shelter. Let's see....
After a nice nap in her bed, the kitten woke up perfectly healthy this morning. She drank milk and her mom came looking for her. We saw her downstairs near the gate. On seeing her mom, the kitten became excited and tried to reach her.
I took her downstairs and finally she was united with her family. I was expecting a goodbye from her, but she left without wishing me. That was a heartbreak :P

Comments

Popular Posts